[480] How on earth are we supposed to solo this?

Nice :) Leadsplitter is all you need <3 My character with 3 Might and 3 Constitution and only evasive talents/abilities could take out both Tryndil and Sabhan on his own (but I was playing as much pacifist as I could, so I just avoided the fight instead), because of the massive damage it does.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Yeah Leadsplitter I feel has to be borked in some way or IDK why they'd nerf the Arquebus and not Blunderbuss(even regular Blunderbuss is pretty strong).

Edit: Actually Arquebus still pretty powerful, although I'm @ 26 might w/food buffs now. The problem is, you miss and it's all for naught, the Blunderbuss's damage is more reliable - you'll almost always hit/graze a decent number.

Damage doesn't display in combat log usually, although I had one odd occasion where it did, at least partially -

gVEB1Il.jpg

Also, just got Wymund down -

http://i.imgur.com/sEAGVwS.jpg

Fight was a bit of a pain 'cause it keeps you in combat arbitrarily until every one of the enemies is down. I had the Trollskin Belt that gave me regen though so I wasn't whittled down.

Edited by Odd Hermit
  • Like 2

Dat feeling :)

Good job :D

About the athletics for the Egg, I made an "Athletics Egg build" on another (normal) run, and I pumped everything into Athletics and I did that quest almost last... I still fell and cracked the egg (I think I had some 10-12 Athletics with gear bonuses). It's just useful for the experience in a Solo run (thinking about it, you can actually get +2 Levels quickly in the Backer Beta by doing Nyfre/Medreth (decieve Nyfre, or, can you even decieve Medreth?) and get the Egg without any combat).

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

About the athletics for the Egg, I made an "Athletics Egg build" on another (normal) run, and I pumped everything into Athletics and I did that quest almost last... I still fell and cracked the egg (I think I had some 10-12 Athletics with gear bonuses). It's just useful for the experience in a Solo run (thinking about it, you can actually get +2 Levels quickly in the Backer Beta by doing Nyfre/Medreth (decieve Nyfre, or, can you even decieve Medreth?) and get the Egg without any combat).

Ah, I suspected that was the only outcome, I never completely stacked athletics to try and get a different result though. It seems just ~4 or so athletics + the grappling hook is fine then which is what I had.

I believe you can deceive Medreth, there's an option to try anyway. It's failed for me but it might be attribute dependent. I just killed them all with hit/lure/run tactics 'cause I want their gear to sell.