Just wanted to ask the people who are playing the beta how well the optimization is handled, is unusal strain on the GPU expected? I ask this because both Divinity and Wateland 2 heavily stress and overheat my 7970 :/. Granted this might be a silly question because of how old school the graphics are, I still wanted to ask and make sure.

I was having overheating problems with this game on an i5 but it turned out the snaps holding my heat sink in place were ****, crappy default Intel brand heat sink. Replaced the heat sink and it runs fine now, some fps drops in combat but nothing I notice without the fps counter running.

I would suggest turning your computer off, waiting a few.minutes to let everything cool down, opening the case, then going to town with a can of compressed air to clear out the dust.

We just put in a few performance changes today that will hopefully help people out.

One of them had to do with disabling certain types of AI that didn't need to be calculated all the time when a character is in the fog of war. I didn't play today's build, but I expect it helped out in the larger areas like the Temple of Skaen.

• Like 1

i7-920, nvidia GTX-590, Win7-Pro. Haven't noticed any issues re: heat or fps for myself. I cap it at 60 but the one time I took that limit off it was maybe 70-100fps.

Haven't looked at the cpu core usage and haven't checked out the very latest test beta version.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We just put in a few performance changes today that will hopefully help people out.

One of them had to do with disabling certain types of AI that didn't need to be calculated all the time when a character is in the fog of war. I didn't play today's build, but I expect it helped out in the larger areas like the Temple of Skaen.

These changes won't impact areas that have bad performance in general because AI and pathfinding only runs when the game is not paused. Even when the game is paused I still get 30-40 FPS in the Temple of Skaen.

It might make it that instead of 30FPS when unpaused I get 40, but I'm getting 80-90 unpaused in other exteriors.

Edited by Sensuki