Question about Paladins

I have a question. It is about Paladins: note the plural.

Short form is: will it make sense to have more than one paladin in the party, or will their powers simply not complement each other well?

To elaborate: I don't have the backer beta. But since early days, I've really found the idea of Paladins in PoE to be really appealing. I've also found the idea of the Vailian Republic to be really cool. Now, obviously there is an NPC that falls into this niche and I'm cool with that, in fact I think that would be a really fun thing to explore. Two paladins who are both really supportive of their (mutual) homeland, who are two very different people. I know the game won't deal with this dialogue as much as I would like, but it gives me a good basis to know how my character will react to Pallegina and that's good enough for me. My main concern is how well a party with my Paladin and Pallegina will gel mechanically. Will it be a handycap for me to take her along in the party?

I can only see this being a problem if you try to overlap the same auras or take a fairly opposed paladin order.

I suppose there could be a limit on only a single aura affecting party members (though that seems odd to me), but the other paladin could focus on non-aura abilities instead.

The real potential problem is what you are giving up instead, basically the opportunity cost of other class abilities in the party.

I'm having this dilemma too.  Considering Pallegina was one of the first known companions, was written by josh, and has nice voice acting, I'm going to be hard pressed to leave her out because I think she'll have a lot of content.  I am not sure about double Paladin though, it would make my PC seem less unique in the party.  I was also going to make him from the Valian Republic as well.  That's why I'm thinking about a Chanter instead.  I wouldn't as much mind leaving Kana Rua at the stronghold and then only putting him in the party for the mega dungeon that he's associated with, Pallegina seems like she'll be important for the main quest.  Deciding between a Chanter or Paladin PC is going to probably be a dilemma for me right up to release. 

On a totally separate note, that video looked pretty sweet.  I have the beta, but just decided to wait until the release to start playing, as I don't have the patience to work through all the bugs and learning curve, only to potentially have to do that all over, depending on the changes made to the final release.  It looked really interesting, but yes, a little complicated.  Hopefully it won't take too long to figure out...

"1 is 1"

"... And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you modaling kids!" is what your defeated adversaries will be saying. 8P

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u