DoT based on weapon damage favors BIG weapons

As the topic says, i did a little testing with the Paladins Flames of Devotion and the Rangers Wounding Shot abilities.

They are next to useless when used with say rapier for Flames and with a hunting bow for the wounding shot while being MUCH more useful when using a twohander or an arquebus. Even further favor of larger weapons!

I think they should use a set damage that scales with level+might.

Ramifications of choosing to go with percentile increases to damage rather than integers.

I still think all percentiles should happen after DT and passthrough.  I assume might % increase still happens before any damage reduction ...

As the topic says, i did a little testing with the Paladins Flames of Devotion and the Rangers Wounding Shot abilities.

They are next to useless when used with say rapier for Flames and with a hunting bow for the wounding shot while being MUCH more useful when using a twohander or an arquebus. Even further favor of larger weapons!

I think they should use a set damage that scales with level+might.

Yeah, I noticed this right away. You should see some of the shenanigans you can get up to with Bloody Slaughter and an Arbalest. I mean, sure, it's overkill, but it's quite lovely overkill.

Edited by Whipstitch