[435] Disarming of Friendly Traps When Melee Attacking

Bazy

Question

I placed a trap under a friendly npc. When I went to  Melee attack the npc target, the character first disarmed the trap underneath target, then proceeded to melee attack. 

Additionally... The person that disarmed the trap did not receive the disarmed trap. It went into the inventory of "leader" standing 20 feet away. 

1 answer to this question

Just in case, a further clarification is needed:

This situation happens when one wants to attack (target) the NPC above the trap from the close range. I think it doesn't matter, whether the character wields a melee or ranged weapon, or uses an ability/spell, till it's a targetable action (eg. not probably area attacks). 

On the other hand, when an attack order (or any other hostile action) is given when the party member is not at the close range to the target, the order is then executed without the trap disarming beforehand. 

[expected behaviour]

When the specific order is given (eg. attack by a key or the attack button), I would expect the unit behaves the same way no matter the distance to the target.  And executes the command without further AI interference, eg. queuing the trap disarming action beforehand (probably another overriding by AI issue?)

Edited by ushas