[392] unplayable due to crashes

iseijin

Question

I can't play the game because I get crashes in 3 places:

When trying to start a new game, before entering the character creation, but after the initial loading screen with the image, I see the movement cursor, then the hand and then the game crashes with an 'Oops' message.

Sometimes this doesn't happen and I can enter character creation. Then the game freezes and then crashes with an Oops message again after I press a seemingly random key. For example changing from fighter to wizard can possibly crash the game or clicking on 'next'. It seems it can be any of the keys.

In Build 333 I once managed to get into the game. I still have a savegame from the start location from then. Then and now, Often when entering a building or coming out of a building, the game crashes with an Oops message.

I added three error reports, first one is from when I left a building, and 2nd and 3rd one are from trying to start a new game. I tried about 9 times now, but I can't get into character creation anymore, so this one's missing. I added Dxdiag, as well.

I have Vista 32-bit, that shouldn't be a problem, right?

error reports and dxdiag.zip

3 answers to this question

Yeah people with 32-bit systems have struggled to run this game and Wasteland 2. I'm not sure why though. If you upgrade to 64-bit you likely won't see any crashes.

Not sure how much the devs are going to do to support 32-bit operating systems properly.