Suggestions for PoE From here on in

I agree that area transitions need a lot of work. Icon based is not great, and the way that you enter buildings is bad atm. You click on the icon from half a mile away and the screen fades and you're inside ... wat

I would prefer no icons and open doors, although I think that requires tile flipping and they didn't plan for it, so that may not be possible. But they don't really need a fade to black, and the loading should commence only when you're right next to the transition.

If we can't have open doors, make the cursor change to a transition cursor and the door highlightable in blue, because the icons are really popamole. They're not terrible for changing exterior maps, but not great, and I don't like how they show when I press TAB either.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

I agree that area transitions need a lot of work. Icon based is not great, and the way that you enter buildings is bad atm. You click on the icon from half a mile away and the screen fades and you're inside ... wat

I would prefer no icons and open doors, although I think that requires tile flipping and they didn't plan for it, so that may not be possible. But they don't really need a fade to black, and the loading should commence only when you're right next to the transition.

If we can't have open doors, make the cursor change to a transition cursor and the door highlightable in blue, because the icons are really popamole. They're not terrible for changing exterior maps, but not great, and I don't like how they show when I press TAB either.

Yes, yes and yes.

Spot on.

Those icons ruin the looks for me, they look bad.

Also, something I've asked before but received no answer, where is the feel of exploration (that the developers initially had intented) ???

I hold a button and all interectable objects/areas show up ? I don't want that.. i really hope it is something that can be toggled off, or at the very least addressed to with a mod.

Right, @Sensuki ?! :p

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Well that's what the object highlighter is for, but it shouldn't show unit tooltips, which is incredibly annoying. Who honestly wants to see all unit tooltips on the screen when they're looking for lootable containers? Lootable containers can also be obscured by unit tooltips ...

Edited by Sensuki

Well that's what the object highlighter is for, but it shouldn't show unit tooltips, which is incredibly annoying. Who honestly wants to see all unit tooltips on the screen when they're looking for lootable containers? Lootable containers can also be obscured by unit tooltips ...

It's not as simple as 'not press the button', b/c the ugly icon will still appear when my mouse cursor hovers there.

But if nothing changes, I'll suit myself with 'not pressing the button'.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.