No physical edition?

Pillars of Eternity Physical Edition  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a physical copy of Pillars of Eternity?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • If on sale only.

Unless I'm blind, it appears as though there is no physical edition of Pillars of Eternity. While we get the game either way and I'm really looking forward to it, this is just one of those games I'd love to be able to hold in my hands. Any news in regards to this?

The vast majority of people here are getting a physical copy through the Kickstarter or slacker-backer tiers. That said, BAdler said that a physical version will be available for purchase eventually (maybe preorder), but it won't be at the backer price.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

The vast majority of people here are getting a physical copy through the Kickstarter or slacker-backer tiers. That said, BAdler said that a physical version will be available for purchase eventually (maybe preorder), but it won't be at the backer price.

So as of now...where could I preorder a physical copy?

Waiting for the physical edition to be up for pre-order...

Ah alright. So it isn't available yet. But it will be. 

I hope they release a collector's edition for retail. (If not I'll have to find one on ebay for inflated price -.-) Never heard about this game till I backed "Torment: Tides of Numenera" a few days ago.

Perhaps this sounds odd, but I refuse to buy a game on a console if I can't have a physical copy, and I refuse to buy a game on PC if I can ONLY buy a physical copy.

Since backward compatibility and legacy support on consoles is, to be mild, questionable and patchy in recent generations I demand a physical copy for my money. Conversely on PC if a game is laborious to install and configure the chances of me playing it plummet making it a waste of money (as opposed to just playing something on Steam where the latest patches are installed). As for tablet games or on iPhone, I don't own either. Android gaming doesn't appeal to me as much as spending the same time reading on a Kindle.

I still buy physical books, if I enjoy one enough or think its worth having on hand at all time for reference, I'll possibly buy an ebook copy.

So, yeah, physical or digital content can be a dealbreaker for me depending on context.