Attribute Questionnaire II

Sensuki

It's first worth pointing out that initially I played by maxing Intelligence, Perception and Resolve purely to explore dialogue. Having long-since explored most of what is on offer in the beta by this point, here are my combat stats.

Might

I usually max out might on classes I intend to use for direct dps (Rogue, Ranger, One experimental wizard build that sucked, Barbarian). I rarely run out of attribute points in key areas for pure dps classes, but for dps/off-tanks like the Barbarian, I usually settle for 16 or 14 might. If a class is not designed to do dps (Cipher since Ignition was dumped, Fighter), then I usually dump this.

Constitution

If the class is designed to take damage (Fighter, Monk), I max Constitution. If the class is direct dps or cc (Wizard, Cipher, Chanter) and I feel is unlikely to take damage, I dump Constitution entirely. In off-tanks, this, like might, usually sits at 16 or 14.

Dexterity

I don't prioritise Dexterity because most of my dps tends to come either from Rogue spikes or Charms. Nor do I dump it, however. Dex normally sits around 10 but can go as high as 18 if I have points to spare.

Perception

Perception is blatantly the daddy for everyone but tanks. Dps/CC get it maxed, Off-tanks get as much as I can spare, and Tanks dump it entirely.

Intelligence

Ciphers, Wizards and Tanks/off-tanks get a skinful, Barbarians get a load, dps classes dump.

Resolve

Ciphers get this maxed at all costs. I would probably give Priests and Druids it if I made them. I don't. The rest dump it.

-------

General pattern is to dump everything other than my chosen core stats (which often are at odds with Obsidian's), and max those. From there, spread the remaining points first on the secondary attributes for the class, then finally spread the rest equally between the redundant ones.

kinda OT:

Engagement isn't required to make everyone attack the Fighter, all you need to do is make sure that he's the closest party member to enemies when combat starts, and maybe even have him make the first attack. Enemies in PE don't change targets ever, so it's not hard. Engagement is also really buggy/abusable.

Thats weird. I noticed enemies changing targets a bit. I always pull with my fighter but I sometimes see them switch to support characters like my chanter mid battle. Edited by Shevek

They won't switch targets if engaged, but I have seen some templates for other types of targeting in the code, so it's possible that if engaged by two characters and condition is met that they change targets, but they won't move to attack another one and suffer a disengagement attack.

Of course I did not record *hard data*. That would be retarded. I just played and I checked how the fighters were holding up under these stats. You asked for that, I told you what I felt.

Yeah... Because the scientific process is so preposterous... *eyeroll*.

If you didn't actually compare any data, that's fine. No one tasked you with doing that. I was just asking if anyone had, perchance.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u