Stuck floating in midair

ctdavids

Question

[Description of the issue]

My 6th companion (5 if you don't count my bear, but you should) is stuck floating in midair on the upper level of the inn.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1) Look at the picture, see the floating paladin (over the stairs)

2) Load attached savegame, see the floating paladin

3) Paladin unable to move

[Expected behaviour]

Characters remain earthbound and able to move

[Other remarks / Comments]

This was obtained after struggling (and finally succeeding) to get everyone upstairs despite having 6 characters and a bear.  Maybe it's related to that.  Also, chaning party order doesn't seem to work with 6 chars and a bear (the wrong characters keep moving around) so maybe it had to do with that.  It's really hard to identify exactly what insanity caused this.

[Files]

Screenshot: post-83537-0-80314000-1409874317_thumb.jpg

Savegame: Floating.zip

3 answers to this question

[Description of the issue]

My 6th companion (5 if you don't count my bear, but you should) is now invisible, having exited the inn.  They behave very oddly when moved.

Adding this here because I think it's related to the same kind of thing: 6 chars + companion

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1) Look at the picture, see the invisible paladin (look for the blue circle by itself)

2) Load attached savegame and move all chars (who are selected by default) and I believe the invisible paladin will move, teleport and become visible

3) Reload savegame

3a) Deselect paladin by clicking on any other char's portrait

3b) Try to select the paladin in a variety of ways (ctrl-click circle, drag select, click portrait, etc.)

3c) Try to move the paladin.  Note that sometimes it moves invisibly, sometimes it does the teleport thing, and sometimes it doesn't respond at all.

4) Try to reorder the party by moving the paladin's (far right) portrait around. Note that it moves all sorts of other chars, but not the paladin.

[Expected behaviour]

Characters not go invisible unless a spell is cast on them? Characters not teleport without a spell? Characters move and respond normally despite there being a bear in the party? Characters be reorderable despite existence of bear.

[Other remarks / Comments]

This was obtained in the same game as the above post, but a previous save (from before going upstairs).  All I did was walk out of the building.  I will attach that savegame in another post because I can't attach more than 1MB of files to this post....sigh

[Files]

Screenshot post-83537-0-20982000-1409875174_thumb.jpg

Savegame WeirdRangerIssues.zip

The prior savegame: Prior.zip

And you may be right mutonizer. I'm sure it has something to do with the ranger since I haven't had this issue in my numerous cipher games.  But it begs the question: has anyone at Obsidian actually playtested the ranger to any degree?  I mean, I played for a few minutes and ran into show-stopping bugs.  It's weird that there's a known issue with ranger/pet health pools but not "renders the game unplayable".