Sensuki's Suggestions #011: Backer Beta Version Review v257 bb

Sensuki

I was wondering if you could elaborate on your monk experience some.  When I played as a monk I found myself just auto-attacking if I was using the BB fighter correctly.  This meant all of those wound abilities were lost.

Sure. I made a Monk first (Island Aumaua Monk) and I found that she had better survivability than the BB Fighter, although I min/maxed and dumped the crap out of Per and Res, so I basically had Max Might, Dex and Con. I just auto attacked with the Monk Fists and used the active abilities as soon as I received enough wounds. I have found that sometimes you are not dealt enough damage at a time to gain a wound, and other times you are dealt quite a lot and you can't spend the wounds fast enough to shrug off some of the damage due to the recovery time length (and also I suppose the selection and command bugs added to that).

Currently I would say the Monk needs a bit of work, like others do.

You also mentioned playing the cipher a lot, but vague on details.  I found the cipher abilities all over the place.  Some of the damage dealing abilities are worthless while some of the others do insane amounts of damage.  The name eludes me, but the single target 'soul burn' third level ability comes to mind.  It did 40 damage a second for 15 seconds - or there about.  They just seem to have very few abilities and only a few you use over and over out of what you can select.

I also did play the Cipher but only briefly as I don't want to get used to how over powered they are. I like the flavour of the Cipher and it seems like a fun class, throw some balancing in the mix over the next patches and we'll see where we are from there.

Something you didn't mention, that I've wondered what other people of thought about is involving the scout mode.  Does it bug anyone else that the enemies perception is circle-based and not cone-based from point of view.

That is true yes but I think they just don't want to have facing mechanics in the game. Detection involves hearing as well as sight. The scouting circles are just a temporary UI element at the moment

Edited by Sensuki

You could have a ranged Knockdown, just reduce the total duration or something if using a ranged weapon.

Yes, that would be good.

However, I think they would have to increase the time it takes to fire a knockdown arrow, or decrease the range.

Otherwise it would be too overpowered.

Edited by Gorionsson

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour."

Weapon master,- Flail of the dead horse +5.

I think if it's 2/encounter, that'll limit the effectiveness quite enough.

Against beta trash mobs, certainly. Against enemy parties including 2 mages,- not so much. :p

I don't know, you may be right.

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour."

Weapon master,- Flail of the dead horse +5.