Map Density and Encounters/Points of Interest

Justinian

Random encounter spots, you say? My question: Do those random encounter spots motivate the player to explore the map, instead of just going for the quest and then leaving?

I have played Baldur's Gate 1 over 50 times before, so I know where to expect to find the random encounters in the areas. In the Peldvale example, the Black Talon Elites have 20gp each as well as Arrows+1 and Cold Arrows, so they are worth farming.

I am also a completionist and explore and clear as much fog of war in areas as I can, take on all the encounters and do all the quests.

• Like 3

I haven't seen this mentioned here, so I'll mention it.  This is a BETA area, not representative of the final game state.  Now that I've written that, I'll state that your comments are incredibly useful yet at the same time, they probably have their encounters and wilderness areas all planned out.  Modification would take quite a few conversations and their time is limited.  Maybe a little less monsters?  What if it's the wrong thing and people get bored?  What if a little more monsters?  What if it's wrong and people get frustrated or feel the wilderness is unrealistically full of muggers?

All considered, I like the peace and quiet and wouldn't mind an optional wilderness area or two that is completely empty, where one can wander around and enjoy the beauty of the wild.  Of course, in real life, I want to see all wilderness areas destroyed with human industries to replace it.  This comes from having been homeless.  People need jobs, not bears.  There's always bear costumes, you know, and bedrooms to wear them in.   :cat:

• Like 1

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."