Sign in to follow this  
Smilge

Charmed/dominated creatures will attack themselves

Question

Charmed or dominated creatures will attack themselves, sometimes using special abilities like knockdown, or on hit effects like poison.

1) Create a cipher or druid (or other character that has a charm/domination type spell)

2) Cast Puppet master/charm animal or any other charm/domination effect on a lone enemy

3) Enemy will attack itself

A dominated creature will attack the party in self-defense, so it doesn't seem right that they would attack themselves. It especially doesn't follow that an enemy can knock itself down, or that a spider can poison itself.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

yep, laughet relly hard when that happend to me :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hello,

Thank you for your postings. This is a known issue with Charm/Dominate. The new AI we have implemented should help to resolve many of these discrepancies. Though, it is possible that it may cause a few in its wake and so we'll be looking to everyone to see how the changes play out.

Thank you for your support during the beta!  :grin:

Actually it's a very fun take on the Charm/Dominate mechanic. I think it deserves to be kept, maybe in a special Dominate Monster kind of spell that will actually make the monster attempt to kill itself. That would be awesome and hilarious at the same time.

Sign in to follow this