My idea to improve perception.

Mayama

Imo the range of most spells is way to short right now, about 3 meters max. If you have high intelligence you cant even cast some spells because the radius overlaps with the casting magican. So why not add a range bonus for spells (and maybee ranged weapons) to perceptions, it would make it a desirable stat for every squishy ranged fighter. Dont get me wrong I dont want cheesy of screen killing but even doubling the range at max perception would not brake the game.

• Like 1

That's an interesting idea, but the default range of attacks would probably have to be nerfed a bit first; otherwise it'll be game breaking. Maybe 30% max range downgrade from the default and that range could end up doubled. I could see that working. Too be honest; I think that is too radical a change for Obsidian to do, but it  could have worked if that was their idea from the begining.

My idea is to just give perception a + 0.25% chance to crit.

This is assuming you keep the interrupt effect.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well it depends on how hard coded spell range is, they need to improve it anyway (or lower the max radius of some spells). For me personaly the max range on most spells/weapons feels way to short. Well crit is also a option to give the dump stats more meaning. The only problem with crit is that it scales with damage multiplicative so I dont know how to balance it. It could be a stat for classes that have hart hitting attacks that dont scale well with might.

My idea is to just give perception a + 0.25% chance to crit.

You'd have to completely change up the hit system, because right now crit chance is based entirely on your accuracy roll: Dexterity is therefore the only stat that gives +chance to crit. I suppose Perception could widen the window that means that a hit would crit instead of deal regular damage, but that's not very intuitive.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out