Some grammatical assistance for the devs

Instead of writing "him or her", "his or hers", and so on in tooltips and stuff, just use "their". Your text will suddenly become far less cumbersome.

• Like 2

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

What?

"their" is singular possessive when you are referring to no one in particular.

"Someone didn't close their car window"

If you know it was a man or a woman

"He didn't close his car window" / "She didn't close her car window"

Edited by Sensuki

What the OP means is that in several class and abiltiies description, you have "his or her" all over the place, (and similar, like "he or she"). I very much agree that using the singular they/their would be much better. See e.g. the description of the Figther's "Defender" ability

post-32092-0-13814500-1408502181_thumb.jpg

This doesn't refer to an NPC talking to another NPC about CHARNAME in "Yes, I hear he arrived in town... Hush, here he comes." or "Yes, I hear she arrived in town... Hush, here she comes".

Edited by Headbomb
  • Like 2

Right gotcha.

In that instance I would put:

Defender (Modal) - decreases the Fighter's attack rate to raise the maximum number of targets the Fighter can engage from 1 to 3 and also increases their deflection.

Edited by Sensuki

You guys do know this is an AD&D third edition political correctness throwback right?  They are literally just copying what D&D does here since so many backers want this as close to BG as possible.