Feedback on two things

Hi,

I don't have access to beta, but I been watching the streams. As a result my feedback is about things watching streams can show and I let people with beta access give feedback on all the rest :D

1. Elder Lions - Please don't give animals that are supposed to be stronger than a normal kind prefix like Elder. Elder in their case means they are weaker as they are older. They are not Vampires, Dragons or magical creatures. It might be a industry standard from MMOs or whatever but it breaks immersion and logic. Call them Alpha, Prime, Pack Leader or something else that makes more sense.

2. Harder difficulties - wasn't the talk about harder difficulty that it would only have more creatures? But now it seems Hard is also +50% more stats. That makes me sad because everyone and their grandmother has games where harder difficulty is a boost to life, damage and so on but PoE said they would put more monsters into encounters and it was unique with that. 
I still want that to be the only difficulty difference. 

Hi,

I don't have access to beta, but I been watching the streams. As a result my feedback is about things watching streams can show and I let people with beta access give feedback on all the rest :D

1. Elder Lions - Please don't give animals that are supposed to be stronger than a normal kind prefix like Elder. Elder in their case means they are weaker as they are older. They are not Vampires, Dragons or magical creatures. It might be a industry standard from MMOs or whatever but it breaks immersion and logic. Call them Alpha, Prime, Pack Leader or something else that makes more sense.

I can see your point. Doesn't bother me too much though... I think most people will associate "elder" with stronger / tougher when they encounter them. I did.

2. Harder difficulties - wasn't the talk about harder difficulty that it would only have more creatures? But now it seems Hard is also +50% more stats. That makes me sad because everyone and their grandmother has games where harder difficulty is a boost to life, damage and so on but PoE said they would put more monsters into encounters and it was unique with that. 

From everything I've read, the way I understand it is that only PotD will have a boost to enemy stats. Easy, Normal and Hard should each have their own creature spawn setups, resulting in different / more enemies, but no stat boosts. PotD uses ALL the spawn setups *and* includes a stat boost. Crazyness.

Edited by Lorfean

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Hi,

I can see your point. Doesn't bother me too much though... I think most people will associate "elder" with stronger / tougher when they encounter them. I did.

From everything I've read, the way I understand it is that only PotD will have a boost to enemy stats. Easy, Normal and Hard should each have their own creature spawn setups, resulting in different / more enemies, but no stat boosts. PotD uses ALL the spawn setups *and* includes a stat boost. Crazyness.

I think what archangel979 is saying is that Easy vs Hard mode might only be boosting stats, not adding spawns. I have yet to try different difficulty modes so not sure myself.