Needed: Visual indication of Engagement

Engagement is a crucial new combat mechanic in P:E. The IE games didn't have it; instead they had AOO's. It's vital to know who's engaging whom. Currently this is... not obvious.

The combat would become a lot clearer if there was a visual indication of who's engaging whom. For example, an arrow from selection circle to selection circle.

• Like 3

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I'd like this too but it has to be done in a way that doesn't add even more clutter to the combat screen.  It's hard enough keeping track of everything as it is.

Maybe they should just color code the circles?  Like if your Fighter engages two Wolves, have those three units get blue circles under their feet.

It would help but I don't think it'd be quite enough. If you've got everybody in melee, you wouldn't be able to tell who's fighting whom. This is a big deal because of the disengagement attack mechanics.

But yes, at the very least make it extremely obvious when a character is engaged, so you know to be careful not to attempt to move and provoke a disengagement attack unless you're really sure you want to eat it.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I found this to be an issue also. Combat as it stands at the moment confuses me a little, I find it a tad hectic with everything going on and no clear visual aid to the action.

But, if it is simply a feature that is not implemented yet I look forward to seeing it.