My BB wizard has no spells to use from start

grinxen

I started a new game and at my first combat I noticed he has no spells in his spellbook. I also tried resting to see if some would appear. I find plenty of spells to use on the priest. The spell selection is completely empty when I click I, II, III on the wizard.

• Like 1

Same here. Some how I can't shake the feeling I'm being really stupid here...

Still reading through the Beta forums, so maybe I'll find an answer.

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Go to keybindings and set hotkey for Grimoire, which will open the spellbook and let you assign spells. I'm guessing adding an interface button for it is still on the to-do list or they've just hidden it really well because I couldn't find it either.

Edit: Looks like keybindings are not saved after exiting the game, but like Answermancer pointed out, it can be accessed from equipment screen. 

Edited by Crom
  • Like 1

Does he have a Grimoire equipped in his inventory (mine did but I heard some people had a bug where they didn't have one)?

Does the Grimoire have spells prepared inside it (right-clicking it should bring up the interface).

Go to keybindings and set hotkey for Grimoire, which will open the spellbook and let you assign spells. I'm guessing adding an interface button for it is still on the to-do list or they've just hidden it really well because I couldn't find it either.

You can have more than one Grimoire, so I'm not sure a button for it will work, unless it just edits the currently equipped one. Like I said above, right-clicking it in your inventory should work.

Edited by Answermancer
  • Like 1

Told 'ya I was being stupid (sorta).

Bug can cause equipment to disappear, so if wizard's grimoire disappeared... Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, he just became almost completely useless

And my stupidity is watered down some... This explains why some of my BB characters didn't have weapons. So, restarting is the only way to go, I take it?

Edited by Totottoro

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"