Let's talk about your New Game anticipation rituals

Beta comes out on my son's first birthday. It's OK to skip that, right? I mean, he's not going to remember. Of course, when he's older he'll be like, 'Daddy, why aren't you in any of the photos of my first birthday?' 'Because Daddy was playing PoE all day'.

I'd play it with him but to be honest he struggles to grasp to the concept of armour DR and the combat mechanics.

But he does grasp the concept of Sonic attacks, and overwhelming Charisma ... so there is that...

• Like 1

I tend to feel the same way, but I'd give a game like Poe at least 3 chances to convince me, if the beginning should drag.

I'll give it a while myself. Baldur's Gate dragged for me in the beginning, but being level 1 really sucked in that game.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands