Hurlshot's 2014 Summer RV Trip

Hurlshort

Day 19 - Last day in Branson, and we went to see Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede.  This was an amazing show, very well done.  They served us great food while entertaining with all sorts of horse and animal numbers.  When they brought out a small group of bison, I was hooked.  They also had these huge Belgian horses that were simply massive.  I got to see them up close and compared to the other horses they look incredible.  This show alone was worth the trip.

Tomorrow we start the long drive home.  It will take us 5 days, and tomorrow we drive through Kansas.

10522024_10202413984975644_1491215745343

Kansas... I spent a week there one night.

:lol: A  Merv Griffin tribute!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Day 20 - We started the long drive home.  Somehow Google maps decided that I should stick to backroads instead of interstates, so I got to see some interesting parts of Kansas.  We passed this interesting point on the way:

63929_10200705863514256_386255519_n.jpg

We pulled into Dodge City pretty late and I ordered a pizza while we watched Labrynth.  I'm driving to Santa Fe tomorrow, so we will be getting the heck out of Dodge early.  It's a shame, looks like an interesting little town.  Ah well, future journeys and all that.

• Like 2