Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[PC] [Steam] Multiple Issues

issue nvidia laptop windows x64 steam anomaly flicker glitch

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Zeid

Zeid

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:27836010

Hello,

It seems that i have some weird glitches with my game - but with some specific steps completed.

I'll break them down :

Glitches

• Seems that if you enter the cinema, take a while ( for example the first time you stay and break all chairs ) then exit - and pass in front of the cashier - the graphics turn to weird glitches ( as i saw posted before ).
  • But this seems to be the only way to trigger this - and it's every time ( 3rd play-through ). And i haven't encounter this anywhere else.
  • Only way to 'fix' this is either loading an area, or restarting the game

Flickering

• Begin while you're in a cutscene - pause - and alt-tab out of the game - do something ( not just alt-tab lightning speed Bruce Lee attack xD )
  • Return to the game and unpause it ; and you'll notice that characters begin to flicker - even completely disappear
  • Again, reloading area/game seems to fix this

Crash - rare / random

• Random - rare - crash issue after the defects above have occurred, but i think that multiple alt-tabs (in a normal way) do break the game.
  • This happened to me , twice, once after i hit Exit Game ( crashing on desktop ) and other in-game.

MINOR (more a question)

• I've noticed that Windows 7 schema turns to basic every time i run this game. And i think this might be the cause of some of the issues
  • Is this intended or does it link with system config ?

Here are my specs - laptop ! :

• CPU : Intel i3-2330M
  • RAM : 6GB DDR3
  • GPU : Nvidia Optimus 540M - 2GB ( latest drivers ; also running on this and not Intel )
  • Play resolutions : 1366x768 ; 1920x1080

I ain't bothered by some of the above, this is more of a heads-up thing. Also wondering if crashing/windows scheme is from my end or if it occurs to most people.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Z

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue, nvidia, laptop, windows, x64, steam, anomaly, flicker, glitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users