Time For New Passwords: Kickstarter Hacked

great...

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

For those of you with a lot of website identities, it might be worth checking into something like Lastpass, especially if you find yourself using identical usernames and passwords for multiple sites.

Pros:

-generate randomized strong passwords unique for each website

-multifactor authentication (get a premium account and a yubikey, it's worth it)

-plugin integration into all of the major browsers

-mobile device support

-account analyses and hardening tips

-reputable

Possible Cons:

-cloud storage of sensitive data

-Using it without multifactor authentication might leave your account vulnerable?

-can be kind of clunky to use when you don't have admin rights to install a plugin

I'm not employed by Lastpass or affiliated in any way, but I've been a very happy customer for about a year and I'd recommend it to anybody, particularly if you use the plugin with a multifactor authentication scheme.

Food for thought.

Edited by nikolokolus

I've been using Lastpass, if you have a lot of websites that have usernames and passwords like me (I had over 50) it can take awhile to setup, but in the long run it streamlines things quite a bit and makes your passwords more secure and much easier to manage.

I like it.