What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

Breaking bad is a slow burn that eventually hooks you into the story. I was the same when I first watched it and couldn't see what was so special about it. Once you're into the story, you won't regret it. The thing I don't get is the hate for Skyler as I felt she was a great character as was all the characters. And it's a shame that the actress Anna Gunn copped abuse from some viewers as well.

Shows I've finished:

Hannibal - Season 2. Overall, the series has been terrific but I do have an issue with how Jack Crawford has been portrayed compared to the movies. I think Jack has been portrayed terribly in this series. He wanders around like an imbecile with no clue of his own on how to solve a case, constantly referring to Will and Hannibal for 'help'. Contrast this to Dennis Farina in Manhunter (who did a better job than Harvey Keitel in Red Dragon. but I blame the script more than anything else) and the superb performance of Scott Glenn in SIlence of the Lambs, Fishburne's Crawford is the worse out of the lot.

Grimm - Season 3. This is one of those guilty pleasures of mine. Great supernatural series and renewed for a 4th season.

The Mentalist. Season 6. They could have ended this here as it didn't end on a cliff hanger. If it was cancelled It would be okay. It looks like the writers didn't want to take a chance of not being renewed so they gave it a happy season ending. But it appears it's been renewed for a seventh season and is rumoured to be the last season. I hope so because it's now dragging it out.

Good choice of series, but why would you feel guilty about watching Grimm, the show is brilliant ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Breaking bad is a slow burn that eventually hooks you into the story. I was the same when I first watched it and couldn't see what was so special about it. Once you're into the story, you won't regret it. The thing I don't get is the hate for Skyler as I felt she was a great character as was all the characters. And it's a shame that the actress Anna Gunn copped abuse from some viewers as well.

I attribute this to Scarface syndrome. Walt is not the hero, but people seem to think he is. Her character gets seen as an annoying nag holding the hero back, but she's really not.

Good choice of series, but why would you feel guilty about watching Grimm, the show is brilliant ?

It was more a figure of speech than anything.

I attribute this to Scarface syndrome. Walt is not the hero, but people seem to think he is. Her character gets seen as an annoying nag holding the hero back, but she's really not.

I agree. It really does show the quality of writing and acting with the show.

If 'crumbly' is an adjective for comedy, then I think it describes The Wil Wheaton Project--I laughed for the most part, even as some bits fell off. Still pretty good effort for a premiere Talk Soup-style half-hour. The Neil DeGrasse Tyson bits were the best, drunk and stoned, haha.

If you live in the US, the episode is up on SyFy already. 7/10 Wil watch again. ;)

Wil comes off as a regular dude who got roped into hosting rather than a professional actor. His delivery was meh and he laughed too often at his own jokes. Otherwise I enjoyed it. Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I watched the last 7 episodes of the latest season of Walking Dead. Very entertaining, I was getting a little fatigued of the series but I have to say my interest has been picked up again and I'm looking forward to season 5. I wonder what the people of Terminus want?

Oh I've just started watching season 7 of Mad Men and as usual it is excellent. The writers of that series deserve good bonuses for work well done

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wonder what the people of Terminus want?

Well there was a lot of dead and skinned human carcases. Oh and they did have a BBQ going as well. :-

Good point, there was that pile of bones.....you may be right there.

Hiro do you watch Mad Men?  If not watch season 1 and see if you like it

John Milton