downloading fallout new vegas on xbox 360 issues

jaydee

i have been sent here by xbox 360 support to inform you i have not been able to download fallout new vegas on xbox live marketplace they insist is has something more to do with you than them, please get back to me asap
Jay Dee

Could you be more specific? What does it say? What do they say? You are not able to download it how? (Download won't start, the game is not available anymore etc.)

In any case, I'm quite sure Obsidian has nothing to do with it. Bethesda handled distribution, marketing and whatnots of F:NV. Obsidian just developed it.

It sucks to get bounced around support people, but i have to agree with Apatia. It doesn't sound likely that Obsidian can fix it/are supposed to fix it.

Surely this is a problem with marketplace?

Keep persevering, buddy. It's an awesome game.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Get it on PC.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Last time I checked, NV tech support/QA was entirely Bethesda's job. Of course, last time I checked, XBL support was entirely Microsoft's job because it's Microsoft's pipeline that's malfunctioning. Then again, Microsoft charges money for direct tech support for their products, so it's no surprise their phonebank monkeys would just try to misdirect a "customer" to avoid spending money on productivity.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

If you can't download it, that should be at Microsoft's end, since it should be on their [marketplace] servers that you would be downloading the game from.

If it does finish downloading, and it wont open that file to install, that could either be on Bethesda's end, or perhaps if there was a problem with the download, like it's missing a couple of key bits of data or something; re-downloading it might help.

This link will take you to Bethesda's New Vegas Xbox technical issues forum.

EDIT: There's also a chance it could be your hard drive (bad sectors, ect...) You would know if that might be the issue if you put other things on it, and they didn't behave as well.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

let us know how you get on, though. If there's something wrong with the support then that's munting the enjoyment of the game. And I bet Obs will take issue, albeit just by complaining.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.