The funny things thread

LadyCrimson

Yesterday my students were presenting about these countries they created.  They are supposed to create a landmass with a variety of geographical features, then place a capital city, and discuss how they will handle natural resources, immigration, and defense.

I noticed one boy had created a place called Pen Island.  Now this wasn't one of my rowdy boys, so I asked him as politely as I could if he noticed any problems with the name.  He had the requisite Sharpie Swamp and Magic Marker Mountains, so I was pretty convinced he did not realize what he did.  So I told him to think about what would happen if he dropped the land from the name.  His reaction was priceless.  I told him he could change it and present another day.   :biggrin:

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Yesterday my students were presenting about these countries they created.  They are supposed to create a landmass with a variety of geographical features, then place a capital city, and discuss how they will handle natural resources, immigration, and defense.

I noticed one boy had created a place called Pen Island.  Now this wasn't one of my rowdy boys, so I asked him as politely as I could if he noticed any problems with the name.  He had the requisite Sharpie Swamp and Magic Marker Mountains, so I was pretty convinced he did not realize what he did.  So I told him to think about what would happen if he dropped the land from the name.  His reaction was priceless.  I told him he could change it and present another day.   :biggrin:

So your problem wasn't that he created a prison island? :p

• Like 1