A sugestion of my part of how pickpoceting might be best

okay you a rogue and you in a brand new city

you decided walking around pickpocketing the the ones of this new city

to make this skill work in a game well there have to be a punishment for failing to pickpocketing others if you try it out

but do it have to be so sever that guards come running all the time you fail all you do is just reloading from where you  at before the critical fail.

So now how to best implement punishment for failing in using skill like pickpocketing ?

Here is my suggestion on how the skill could work..

you get items from a list if you roll

------------------------------------------------------

pickpocketing victim  got 25/175 gold coins the rest of valuable is in a bank or other safe place the coins the victims have on them will refresh each week

------------

When you fail in pickpocketing there is a chance the victims will find out the bigger a fail the more know-en you be amongst other potential victems and the harder  it get to pickpocketing them...

------------------------

if you fail several times the guard will come demanding a fine els you be jailed or have to fight you way out of it and hide it out

and a bounty is put on you head . after a time it will be removed or lowered

---------------------------

not even my idea other prob thought of it already but what els could work personally i am playing nwn 2 right now and slight of hand is rather lame not much skill activity in it

if you have any idea let me hear behaves we are lucky and the DEV will hear or pleas .ty for your time :)

Can I drop this off here?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63542-idea-link-stats-with-gameplay-for-pickpocketing/

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

We don't really need both then.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."