Time for a paradigm shift!

Same with RPG's. Dungeon crawlers get a whole new meaning, arch-nemesis in the tower can only be broken by a high-level seducation spell by the wizard, barbarian tanks pummel through thrash mobs of skeletons with his virility, all while the rogue sneak up from behind, just as the villain likes it. Attributes get a whole new practical meaning, and the stories to be told, ah the stories. Think "What can change the nature of love?".

So...basically you're wanting someone to license F.A.T.A.L. for a console game?

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

@OP

Horrible idea. Go home.

no u

Same with RPG's. Dungeon crawlers get a whole new meaning, arch-nemesis in the tower can only be broken by a high-level seducation spell by the wizard, barbarian tanks pummel through thrash mobs of skeletons with his virility, all while the rogue sneak up from behind, just as the villain likes it. Attributes get a whole new practical meaning, and the stories to be told, ah the stories. Think "What can change the nature of love?".

So...basically you're wanting someone to license F.A.T.A.L. for a console game?

Why do people always think of rape when we're talking about spreading the seeds of love, with or without consent? Why always dwell into mere perversions? It's like suggesting an FPS and the automated answer would be "so you want to make 'Saw - the video game?'"

I am talking about desctructive vs. creative forces here.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why do people always think of rape when we're talking about spreading the seeds of love, with or without consent? Why always dwell into mere perversions? It's like suggesting an FPS and the automated answer would be "so you want to make 'Saw - the video game?'"

I am talking about desctructive vs. creative forces here.

Wouldn't the equivalent of "SAW the video game" be something like TECMO's Deception: Invitation to Darkness and not a FPS?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tecmo's Deception was Saw the Video Game before Saw the movie came out.

An Oglaf game would be this exactly - heck the exact system proposed is shown in the strip from a couple weeks ago (Gifted 2). And I'd totally buy it. Totally, utterly, passionately, buy it.

I just read that strip. Perfect! Somene give this guy 250 million (or whatever Bioshock had as a budget) and let him be the paragon of the next generation of gaming.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not entirely what i originally thought about, but it's on the right track  :w00t:

http://www.runestorm.com/viscera

Disaster! An alien invasion and subsequent infestation have decimated this facility. Many lives were lost, the facility was ruined and the aliens were unstoppable. All hope was lost until one survivor found the courage to fight back and put the aliens in their place!

It was a long and horrific battle as the survivor dueled with all manner of horrific life-forms and alien mutations, but our hero won out in the end and destroyed the alien menace! Humanity was saved!

Unfortunately, the alien infestation and the heroic efforts of the courageous survivors have left rather a mess thoughout the facility. As the janitor, it is your duty to get this place cleaned up.
So grab your mop and roll up your sleeves, this is gonna be one messy job.
Today you're on Viscera Cleanup Detail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yq8Ghej--8A

Oh, and:

Also, we plan on co-op and some form of MP soon
Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy