Obsidian social dynamics question

Walsingham

I don't like the like button, I never use it and I also really dislike the posting code. Instead of the normal way of posting I now have to switch to the pure code method to respond on the forum the way I am used to from the last 13 years I've been using internet forums and I don't have access to any of the ease of use features (bold, italic etc). This is really frustrating.

Don't you just toggle the BB Code Mode? 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No I mean "toggle"  As in "turn it on and off".

The only time I turn it off is to make sure I can add space after quotes.  Then back on and bold and add smilies and all that good stuff.

Its a minor adjustment to me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My point above was that we use the like button to communicate a relationship to the poster, not an emotion.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm just saying it's annoying compared to pretty much every other forum out there.

I find every forum that uses IPB as its base software to have (personally) annoying issues these days, since mid-last year. At least, in some form or another. I used to like IPB ... not so much now.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't like the like button, I never use it and I also really dislike the posting code. Instead of the normal way of posting I now have to switch to the pure code method to respond on the forum the way I am used to from the last 13 years I've been using internet forums and I don't have access to any of the ease of use features (bold, italic etc). This is really frustrating.

This forum is for the hardcore.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra