Liberator plastic gun rebuttal

Walsingham

From El Reg

People are missing one important point about the "Liberator" 3D-printed "plastic gun": it isn't any more a gun than any other very short piece of plastic pipe is a "gun".

liberator_parts1.png

You can take my Liberator ... and shove it

Seriously. That's all a Liberator is: a particularly crappy pipe, because it is made of lots of laminated layers in a 3D printer. Attached to the back of the pipe is a needlessly bulky and complicated mechanism allowing you to bang a lump of plastic with a nail in it against the end of the pipe.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think a lot of people are treating it more in that "proof of concept" role rather then being seriously dangerous/compromising in it's own right.

Although a lot of press do seem to be pushing the sillyness aspect of "oh my god, the sky is faaaalllllling!!!" with it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think this is missing the much more important point that you could make kickass nerf guns.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.