Problem with new PC

Katphood

While some motherboards have multiple SATA controllers, usually when the native chipset doesn't support SATA3 by itself, the specs of your board indicate this isn't the case. You might have a physically damaged port, but the electronics behind all six of them are the same.

Your call on what to do of course, peace of mind vs the hassle of the RMA process. I personally have a first-generation Cougar Point (H67) motherboard in which all but two of the SATA ports are guaranteed to fail after some time. They haven't yet, but it's been a couple years now and if they fail during that system's lifetime then I'll just have to grab a PCI-E SATA card.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Maybe the contacts on the port weren't sufficient, which would be similar to a damaged cable. That of course would have been a problem from the beginning, you'd expect there to be more problems than just that BSOD, at the very least you'd expect a noticeable dip in performance and likely corruption that would cause many problems. It's still a puzzle why netio.sys specifically failed or why it would cause a BSOD during large file transfers.

I could go for RMA but it's a real hassle here! :( I mean on top everything, the retailers aren't exactly trust worthy here in Tehran(or anywhere else in this godforsaken country   :banghead:  )

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.