Replacement vid card.

Gorgon

Starting to get artifacting related probably to overheating. I took it appart thanks to an extra small screw set I borrowed, but the obstruction is inside metal it looks like, short of dipping the whole thing in acid or replacing the cooling unit I don't know what do do. and since I was contemplating putting together a budget system anyway might as well start now.

Is anyone current on graphics cards. 2gb, good performance v price ratio is what I'm looking for.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Not sure what you have, but assuming it's not worth replacing the cooler - though reassembling it with new thermal paste is a possibility.

State of the graphics card market, in gaming terms, is pretty simple at the moment:

The minimum I'd recommend = 7850

Best value = 7950

A little bit more = 670 or 7970

There have been no announcements of any meaningful upcoming products so these recommendations will hold for a while yet.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It's some kind of special edition HD card. It's got tons of heat conductive metal tubes sticking out of it. Hard to fit it  in the case. A shame, because it was really silent the first year I had it.

Theres no harm in experimenting a little on it I suppose. Might learn a bit about what to do when the next one becomes clogged.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

So you are looking for a new silent Card with 2GB of GDDRx memory and a ton of heatpibes as a replacement for what exactly and at what Price range? Hard to fit, is it a small case or just a very big Card?

(Signatures: disabled) 

I'm looking at the Asus HD 7950 right now. It's got 3 gb texture ram, which is not really needed but I do like the cooler. It tested best under full load (sound wise) of any of the series, takes up a manly 3 pci slots and has reportedly broken clean off due to its weight. A makeshift support of some kind shouldn't be too hard to fashion though. 

I only need to cram a sound card in at the bottom. Should be alright. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.