Microphones

Blarghagh

No specifics but the main thing would be whether you'd be going USB or analogue. Convenience vs quality, but then again you didn't mention singing. :p I guess budget will drive that and any other main decisions - are we talking tens or hundreds (or thousands) of dollars?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Is the company who made your old, broken one still around? Maybe they still carry something similar? Or were you looking for an upgrade?

I don't really know anything about it, but Crispin Freeman has a few recommendations on his website, from $100 and up. :biggrin:

http://www.voiceacti...ery.com/toolbox

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks, I'll look into those.

No specifics but the main thing would be whether you'd be going USB or analogue. Convenience vs quality, but then again you didn't mention singing. :p I guess budget will drive that and any other main decisions - are we talking tens or hundreds (or thousands) of dollars?

Both are fine with me. I'm looking for one that isn't too expensive, like max 150.

Shure SM58. As with all electronics buy from a registered dealer as there's a lot of fakes. You'll need a preamp. M-Audio Audio Buddy will suffice.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts