We want a tarrasque type creature

Actually I just came up with a very easy way to "defeat" a tarrasque at any level, and it only requires money.

Here's your clues:

1. The highest level item it uses is CL 12.

2. It costs 22,500 gp total.

It's something I've mentioned previously on these forums.

I am unsure of what you speak of, but I am curious. Admittedly, I've never participated in a tarrasque hunt myself. That said, I don't see anything on the SRD preventing it from being effected by gaze abilities, and I recall some manner of shapeshifting that allows the use of some creature abilities while retain the mental abilities of the character pre-shapeshift. What I'm thinking of is an abyssal basilisk's gaze attack, with very high charisma and good luck. This does assume a 3.5 edition tarrasque, of course.

Edited by UncleBourbon

What makes the tarrasque scary is when the DM actually remembers the thing's feats and unusual abilities... it has so many.

Basically its attacks ALWAYS hit, and his has power attack and greater cleave. So, assuming you have a player whose AC would only feasibly get to 30 without some cheese, it gets to add 17 damage and still guarantee a hit. It has such insane reach, you also provoke attacks of opporunity approaching or moving around it and it gets 4 attacks of opportunity due to combat reflexes. So any melee character that doesn't somehow get right next to it from the get go is likely dead, and any that does is also likely dead and so is any character within 5 feet of him due to greater cleave.

The carapace makes it immune to rays, lines, cones, and magic missile, (it says they're negated) with a 30% chance of those spells reflecting back upon the caster. So this relegates your mage to almost exclusively touch attacks... HA! If we go by the technical definition of a carapace, it is not immune to these attacks from its underside though, just its top and back.

When dealing with invisible foes, it has blind fight, so you don't get as many advantages, though it's better than it being able to just rip you apart at will. OH, and since it has scent, if you get within 5 feet of it (and it is a colossal creature) it automatically knows your exact location.

A 36 will save to not become shaken.

Automatically gets to eat you essentially at close range with a bite attack, and you have to deal 50 damage to its AC 25 digestive tract before you can exit.... all the while taking acid and crushing damage.

Immunity to fire+poison+disease+energy drain+ability damage, spell resistance 32, regenerates 40 hp per round, DR 15/epic,

Basically, unless you're cheesing the hell out of this fight some how, you should always die... always.

IIRC, doesn't it also not die if you take it to 0 HP, doesn't it require a Wish spell to kill?

I'm all for challenging boss fights, but really, I'd rather fight Demogorgon while wearing no armor and with a pointy stick as a weapon.

Plus, historically, the Tarrasque is a very Munchkin creature. Mainly because of years of Munchkins bragging about how their character kills Tarrasques single handedly (A dark elf fighter/mage/assassin named Raistlin who wears +5 platemail has a +5 intelligent poisoned vorpal sword, and a Staff of the Magi he's learned to dual wield, 5 random Ioun stones, 10 rings, and 2 necklaces, with a Pseudo-dragon familiar)

I'd rather Obsidian used something else for inspiration.

They can't include the tarrasque (lower case used due to special circumstances), but they can include a giant monster that's virtually impossible to kill.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."