Problem setting Profile picture

Eternitude

Hello all. When I joined and edited my profile I had no problem adding a profile picture. However, upon signing in today the picture is gone and if I try to add it (or any other picture) to my profile I get the error message "

Failed to set a new photo". Any ideas as to the problem?

Thank you.

Hm. Someone else was having a similar problem today. Starting to sound like an odd glitch. Did you try clearing the webbrowser cache/deleting the forum's cookies then reloading and trying again?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried testing a couple options (nothing to do with being a mod, just trying some things). Obviously, so far I've had no success. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ugh, I'm sorry I got you involved in this mess. Well, when you find out the answer, let us know what to do.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So...what browser are you all using/have you updated it any time recently?

I haven't upgraded Firefox in a while and couldn't get it to work in Firefox 12 (or an even older FF ver. 6) but was able to do it with IE9. Something to try anyway.

Just tried IE9 with no success. Today I have tried old versions of IE on different machines, and Safari on a Mac. Very odd....

So...what browser are you all using/have you updated it any time recently?

I haven't upgraded Firefox in a while and couldn't get it to work in Firefox 12 (or an even older FF ver. 6) but was able to do it with IE9. Something to try anyway.

So just to be clear, I'm assuming that equals multiple browsers tried?

Edit: NVM, you beat me, heh. Hm. Odd indeed.

Just to ask, did you try using the import from URL option to see if that worked? Or is that what you're doing already. I didn't try the direct upload on IE9. I also did the "Remove Photo" first, to make sure.

And Cant, don't worry...I like trying to solve little problems. Even if I'm not successful. :lol:

Do those of us with avatars get to mock those poor bastards who don't have one?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You look like you don't have an avatar right now, Gorth. Red looked like hers was gone, but now it's back. Weird. ...And her avatar with the kitty licking the lollipop always kind of freaks me out, too.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yup, something is definitely fubar'ed when it comes to uploading gif's. Haven't tried jpgs yet.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I feel naked without my skull :(

:skull:

Yeah, I miss the skull. I actually took a photo of my pops off the wall and scanned it in order to use it as my avatar only to have the board give me an e-beatdown.

Obsidian Plays

I feel naked without my skull :(

:skull:

Bowing smiley-dude is just not you. ;)

Yeah, I heard shooting yourself in the foot hurts. Not taking it at face value, I had to try it myself :)

Whee!

praise.gifpraise.gifpraise.gifphoto666.gif

• Like 1