About the huge statue under mega dungeon...

I honestly think it was just a diagram to represent how many levels have been achieved. I really doubt there will be a massive statue extending from level 3 to 13. That would be super boring. And how exactly are you going to fight a statue 100m+ tall in an isometric view? It would look silly, like attacking 10 giant toes. I hope the dungeon will have a lot of variety, personally, because 13 levels is a lot.

You know, having a gigantic statue doesn't mean you cant have different "biomes" at different profundities. I like the statue idea even if it started only by artistic chance: it gives you a mystery to solve: why a gigantic statue? how has it transcended time? what represents it to the dungeon and to the world

I dunno, but I've been hoping that the dungeon is sort of the buried remains of a destroyed civilzation instead of just a huge dungeon. I like it when I'm in a place that is creepy and hostile, but a long time ago it was just another city. It gives it a lot more room for history. Maybe it was a giant statue honoring a god of that civilization, or a statue of a leader.

Edited by Coincidence

53vfdj.jpg

Forgotten, chained god, locked away from the eyes of man for crimes too horrifying to speak of.

Can you imagine walking by his head and suddenly he blinks? Or starts talking to you with a voice that sounds of dreams turned to dust and gravel?

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to exploring this dungeon.

I like this theory, maybe it was some godlike creature that Old Nua summoned in order to assist with his experiments, and now is trapped in the dungeon in a petrified state. What if the dungeon is a living creature that continues to expand and has a sense of sentience but in an alien way. Imagine discovering that the dungeon is not what it seems at all :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Forgotten, chained god, locked away from the eyes of man for crimes too horrifying to speak of.

Can you imagine walking by his head and suddenly he blinks? Or starts talking to you with a voice that sounds of dreams turned to dust and gravel?

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to exploring this dungeon.

I like this theory, maybe it was some godlike creature that Old Nua summoned in order to assist with his experiments, and now is trapped in the dungeon in a petrified state. What if the dungeon is a living creature that continues to expand and has a sense of sentience but in an alien way. Imagine discovering that the dungeon is not what it seems at all :)

That would be cool, and also remind me a lot of Vampire Hunter D.