Pen'n'Paper gaming in the Project Eternity world ?

I'm one of those who have been playing various pen'n'paper RPGs for a long time (over 25 years), using a a large number of rule systems and an even larger number of different worlds.

Something new is always welcome, and I was thinking it might be interesting to adapt the Project Eternity game for pen'n'paper gaming.

Obsidian will basically be providing a ready-made world, with geography, backstory and lore - the game races and classes are reasonably familiar, yet sufficiently different to provide a "new" experience. Now, the character stats, combat and spell system in the game can probably be adapted with relative ease for dice-based gaming, and then you would have all you need for gaming in a brand-new world...well, except the stories, but that is the gamemaster's task anyhow.

Of course, I have no idea if Obsidian has any intention to to produce something for this purpose - probably not, as the potential market might be too small, but perhaps they might be willing to support a community-based project of this type.

Am I the only one who would be interested in something like this?

They're releasing a lore almanac to help the PnP front, and they're considering adding other related PnP books later on (Kickstarter Q&A sessions with Feargus).

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)