Would you like to see a "arena" in PE?

Would you like to see a "arena" in PE  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a "arena" in PE

• Give me multiplayer arena! I like to have a magic duel with my friend.
    • Arena is good. But no multiplayer model, you heretic!
    • Don't care.

I'll pass, thanks.

Fallout 2, 3, and New Vegas, Baldur's Gate 2, DAO, Oblivion, The Witcher 2, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic, Gothic 1 and 3... to say nothing of JRPGs like Thousand Year Door, some of the Fire Emblems, Golden Sun, Final Fantasy 7 (and probably others), Breath of Fire 3...

Ironically, though, not in the first Elder Scrolls game, "Arena".

EDIT: Thousand Year Door had the best arena out of all of those, by the way. You gonna get RAWKED!

Edited by Tamerlane
jcod0.png

don't care =/= don't want

I never use arenas. As far as I'm concerned, they can be non-existent. The one in Oblivion was alright because at the end you get to discover the story of the current Grand Champion which was a very interesting lore snippet, but that's about it. I'd rather they devoted their time to something else, but I know people usually want arenas, so... I don't care?

An arena is a cheap way to create content with much less work, requires no story and reuses mobs from the rest of the game.

I am not against an arena as such, but my experience with them has been lacking, Bethesda has done the best so far, they did have a quest which revolved around it, but with only three or so fights, it was utterly wasted. Killing countless mobs does is not quality content, Dragon Age 2 proves that, so if they add an arena it has to be special and have a rich lore plus quest to accompany it.

Edit - Just to say the Bethesda game was Oblivion.

Edited by Aedelric