I'm curious about which resolutions will be supported (e.g. I have some widescreen notebook with some weird resolution, 1,366 x 768).

Regarding the UI, will it be similar to the early infinity engine games (BG, BG2, IWD) or rather like (IWD2)? Or similar to MMORPGs where you have one or more action action bars with a certain number of slots and each slot can be associated with any specific action (e.g. switch weapon, attack, use consumable, use skill/spell, etc.). The action bars being be freely adjustable/movable along the screen. With the latter option the displayed bars and actions should probably be tied to the selected party member.

Edited by beerflavour

Tried looking for that ui/resolution thread but couldn't find it, so I'll just spray my words here haha.

I think having a good ui/resolution solution will give the game great survivability through the ages.

Resolutions and ui size (especially UI size should be easily adjustable) should never be an issue.

If you wanted to go all the way, you could even allow an adjustable height and width of the font (as an "advanced" option, else the option menu would be too crowded).

Having that flexibility would aid people that have some sort of disability (which just gave me a good question).

Biggest issue would be aspect ratio's.

4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 are the usual aspect ratio's at the moment.

But who's to say this will remain so in the future?

Being flexible there will keep this game playable years after it's release (without odd black borders).

No idea what technology engines use currently to combat this, but I'm sure it'll be fine :)

2 annoyances I can list from playing "old" games on my new screen that "might" effect Eternity:

1. Black borders (wrong aspect ratio).

2. Increasing the resolution (think ahead with 4k+ resolutions) increases the viewable map size and "shrinks" objects (objects are harder to see, creating "distance" between you and your characters).

Basically, I consider the UI and Supported resolutions (as well as zoom) a pretty big factor in a game.

Something you don't realise if you're playing a game where it's already taken care of.

But ruins games where they "didn't think ahead".

Edited by Maf