Factions and Civilizations

Since it's pretty damn hard to make a completely original civilizations, I'm sure Eternity will have nations and peoples at least some what based on historical ones, maybe even mixes of nations and peoples. So, what type of factions would you like to see?

I for one hope they show more types of government than just monarchies, the Middle Ages and Renaissance had lots of different types of nations and governments, but in a lot of fantasy you mostly just see kingdoms and empires.

Well, we had merchant republics and monastic states.

EDIT: Seeing how the printing press is not invented yet, there must be a lot of monks (or some similar organization) keeping all the books and knowledge.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

-oligarchies centered around an elite class of people with supposedly divine blood

-Matriarchies were men are 2nd class citizens

-tribal and clan based societies (the lower tech ones)

-Magocracy, rule by those with superior magical powers

and frankly how about a good old fashioned attempt at a democracy in the greek style?

to name just a few

edit: oh god and definitely a slave based society, how the hell could i forget that? (us evil scoundrel types wanna own people every now and then)

Edited by NerdBoner

It would be interesting to have a really heavy bureaucratized civilization where just figuring out how to get a pass to get to the next area would be a labyrinthine puzzle, like applying for a street vendors cart license is here in Canada.

How about complete anarchy? Or if not, can we at least have the option for the PC to cause it? It's just so stereotypical that the PC is there to prevent some major catastrophe, to stop a war, to save lives, to build houses for the homeless. Why not START a war and then watch it unfold with gleeful satisfaction? :w00t:

That said, I'm fine with whatever government systems they have for the game as long as it's not ridiculous.

Edited by TCJ

It would be interesting to have a really heavy bureaucratized civilization where just figuring out how to get a pass to get to the next area would be a labyrinthine puzzle, like applying for a street vendors cart license is here in Canada.

my +5 godslayer would preclude the need for such a triviality...

it whispers to me that somethings should be solved with violence.

I like low-tech societies with more complex 'goverments'. For example forest dwellers, dressed in simple clothes and living tents or simple houses, yet have a complex welfare system or a very organised military tradition. Or Nomands which are very organised in how different groups spread over an area with different ranks of caravans, have a tradition of about reporting and sharing information which asks a lot of effort/resources of its people, however it allows them to respond very fast to dangers.