are polls useful to obsidian?

136 members have voted

1. 1. are polls useful?

• yes
    • no
    • undecided

Depends on the poll. Only the developers can actually answer that question. A poll will give a quick show of how many want something which I would think could be helpful.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I am fairly sure that they at least they a look at the topics there, but they will not change the whole design of the game just because of some poll.

They might be interested in things like adventures, story telling type, combat difficulty, skill focus/gameplay focus, but things like music theme, base mechanics of the game, art style, might be already decided as they fit into their vision of the world and the setting.

Yes. Obsidian has said repeatedly they are watching the forums and paying attention to what the community wants.

But degree of usefulness is probably more to the point.

They are a data point that can help them decide what they ultimately want to do. One data point. Not a frivalous one, but certainly not an overriding one either.

I think, overall, the polls will have little affect. Some, but mostly on the edges and tipping scales on game decisions that Obsidian was already on the fence about internally.

Heh, reading this forum over I'm starting to hope that promise to read the forums and take suggestions was a half-truth at best.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra