The best games you've produced

And what I liked about them. As most of you are from the real Black Isle studios, I took artistic license.

Because I'd really like it if Eternity was true to those.

#1: Planescape Torment. Be good, be evil, take any path you want. The reactions to what you did felt realistic. Every other game I've played where alignment matter, felt very contrived. Combat was good, if a little on the easy side.

#2: Icewind Dale 2: Combat was probably the best I've seen for an RPG. The story line was great. The bit about finding your way in the woods was annoying and added nothing to the game. The black dragon at the Yan-Ti(or w/e those snake people were) was just too hard to kill, you had to gimick it, and that is disapointing.

#3: Baldur's Gate II: Best RPG world. Combat was as good as AD&D rules allowed (basically very exploitable if you didn't use the given characters). The dragons in BG II were some of the hardest oppoents, and yet you didn't have to find some gimik to beat them (well maybe one of them). Dragons were very good encounters. The special "curse" on the main character was interesting, and played out well.

Best story lines for "additional" characters (Planescape comes pretty close though). Jon Irenicus is definitely the best bad guy.

Some things I've never liked about RPGs, the place rogues have. They are either over powered or weak, and really at the end of the day you pick them becuase you cannot get anyone else to do traps/locks(unless you love rogues, but hey I can make a party with a warrior/druid/mage if I please without the massive headache that not having a rogue can cause[i forgive clerics for being required]). I really like that you weren't forced to use one for utilities sake in Planescape (and who needs one outdoors in Icewind Dale).

Best class: Nameless(yeah you get to choose one then too, but he is a class all on his own really). On a non-god like character, druids in Icewind Dale II. Perfect balance of magic and combat prowess(I used mine for both depending on the fight, formerly mages have been my favorite character is basically every game), and somehow not over powered to boot(i.e. a party with all druids strikes me as weaker then a party with just one). It was a masterful balance. And lets face it, shape shifting is just fun. What really made them powerful was they they could fill in any gap depending on what the encounter was like even if they couldn't do that rogue quit as well as someone born to do it(i.e. warrior/cleric/mage). They also had a larger than normal "foot print" so you could use their forms to close off doors in combat. Save the mage!

So you probably think for $65 I think I own the place. lol

Glad to see you back in action with games like Planescape, keep up the great work!!!!

"#1: Planescape Torment. Be good, be evil, take any path you want. The reactions to what you did felt realistic. Every other game I've played where alignment matter, felt very contrived. Combat was good, if a little on the easy side.

#2: Icewind Dale 2: Combat was probably the best I've seen for an RPG. The story line was great. The bit about finding your way in the woods was annoying and added nothing to the game. The black dragon at the Yan-Ti(or w/e those snake people were) was just too hard to kill, you had to gimick it, and that is disapointing.

#3: Baldur's Gate II: Best RPG world. Combat was as good as AD&D rules allowed (basically very exploitable if you didn't use the given characters). The dragons in BG II were some of the hardest oppoents, and yet you didn't have to find some gimik to beat them (well maybe one of them). Dragons were very good encounters. The special "curse" on the main character was interesting, and played out well."

Obsidian didn't produce those games. That is a flat out lie no matter how much it is repeated.

The best games Obsidian has produced are MOTB and FO:NV. Awesome games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The most unsettling thing about Project Eternity is its created some sort of rift in spacetime that is making me agree with everything Volourn is saying. ITS MADDENING.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg