Human supremacy in Eternity world

I'd like to see humans being portrayed in their days as a still infant race as compared to all the other fay races who have been about longer than them. You know, before they have large cities and kings. Before the elves had given the gift of magic and dwarves taught them the art of advanced and complex smithing and machinery. I'm talking about the early days when men were still divided by clans instead of countries and had a closer relationship with nature.

Edited by Hobo Elf

You need a mixed-ethnic society for RPG's, so you can select whatever race you like when you create your character, separate homogenous races/societies only really work in strategy games, so I guess you need some kind of "Empire" were one race is dominant and the others not so much. That's not to say it couldn't be spiced up, but race-on-race concepts I think are unworkable in RPG's except for at the personal level.

I really liked the near-extinct idea though but i guess we'll never see that. But imagine the emotional load when you SEE a human (as a part of plot a human telling you Important Stuff) or (suppressed?) human tribe/small tribes there or here (who really have no grand plans of UNITING rather that living daily lives & try to survive) and other races discovering THEM/the PC's team discovering them (either thinking ok w/e / there are other interesting races around too / these people don't have much to do)... Bit like seeing those rare/scarce Amazonian tribes.

But yeah, this probably won't happen.

I would like human to be in equal position to other great races. The "humans are very weak and aggressive right now but they are very adaptable and gain more power to the surprise of older races" it has been done to the death and I'm sick of it. Also, since elves and dwarves are very similar to people perhaps they should be connected somehow, instead of usual "ancient race/gods created humans and then barely modified them and created elves and dwarves because apparently the weren't very creative" Elves might be humans who decided to live in forests and were affected by spirits living there etc.