The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

Detroit has struggled for multiple reasons. Lidstrom not playing is just one of them. It's a team game. Individuals do not win SCs. Teams do.

Sure, but can you list many teams that have won Stanley Cups without any notable superstars?

Maybe the '06 Hurricanes...although Eric Staal probably fits the criteria.

edit:  Maybe we can define superstars as guys who have a decent shot at the Hall of Fame?

Edited by Hurlshot

After a tough loss tonight it looks like the Oilers slim playoff hopes have been dashed. The team was better this year ( although they still have a chance at finishing in the bottom five), and hopefully, next year ( you say that a lot as Oiler fans) we can ice a more competitive team.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Leafs are actually looking like a playoff team right now.

I must have died and been resurrected in some weird alternate universe. That's the only logical explanation.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The Leafs are actually looking like a playoff team right now.

I must have died and been resurrected in some weird alternate universe. That's the only logical explanation.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. whoa!!!!! Even my Hawks at the tail end of the previous Bill Wirtz days made the playoffs once during their run of fire sales. I'll give the Leafs one during a lockout-shortened season. They have a whole half season not to screw it up this time (again.)

On the other hand, when I'm hearing how they've owned Montreal, and Rask is struggling (?) and is no Thomas, so it will be a matter of can they get past the Penguins.... You've got to love Leaf fan. Not ALL are like that, (just the most vocal) but when they took 3 points against Boston last home and away.... Yep.

MY personal experience about Leaf fan: I find the closer to Toronto you get, the more insane they are. When I moved to Kitchener to go to college, I had a job in a bowling alley. One rainy day, I wore my Blackhawks hat inside. Man, did I hear it from more random people than I expected I would (which was none, quite frankly. I didn't talk hockey with most of them.) Finally, I had enough and said "Look, my Hawks are going to win the cup before the Leafs will, and we aren't winning one any time soon." That was in 2000.

I was going to show up decked in all my gear with a fake cup, but I had a family by then, at quite frankly, being a Leaf fan is more than enough of a punishment.

Strangely enough, I didn't hate the Leafs at all before that day. I usually pick a favorite Canadian team to root for as well, and for that period of time when the Leafs had Kirk Muller and Damian Rhoads, they were it. Then they traded both of them, and the Sens where it up until they traded Ron Tugnutt for Tom Barrasso. Tom Barrasso was a great goalie for over 5 reasons: Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Ron Francis, Joe Mullen, Brian Trottier...

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I have no idea what you mean.

/secretly polishes Stanley Cup replica in preparation for the parade this summer

So Edmonton fires its GM, only to bring in an ex coach with no GM experience.

Oh yes, this will work out well.

At least the press conference was entertaining, what with the media finally growing a pair and asking some tough questions.

You're next on the block, Kevin Lowe.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Last night was a bad game. And a good game. I hate when my two favourite teams meet and both are on the verge of reaching the playoffs.

I root for the Leafs, but I usually enjoy watching Washington after the Leafs have fallen out of the playoff race..

Ovechkin seems.. kinda hot right now.

Reimer's playing like Halak did for the Canadiens a couple of years back.

Tip: Allowing 200 or so shots in 4 games isn't a good strategy for winning. It's nice that he save your butts from time to time, but you might want to try some fore-checking or something.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Unless some serious changes are made, I don't think the Oilers will be doing anything aside from golf in May.

Or go represent their home countries in the world championships.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I've always hated that stupid world championship that goes on after the regular season.

1) It's pointless

2) most of the best players are still playing in the playoffs

3) Steve Stamkos + concussion

Well, I saw the Canadian WC team today. Let's just say that on paper, everyone else is competing for silver.

Will be fun to see Stamkos in the national team.

Btw, I must say that this shortened season has been much more interesting than the regular 82 game season. With only 48 games to play, the games actually matter! No more 40 extra games where you just watch Crosby collect his umpteenth second assist.

I have wondered why the Swedish Elite League games (50 of them) feels more interesting than the mid-season NHL snorefests. Now I know.

Swedish league is so boring nobody outside of Sweden gives a crap about them. However, people who don't live in NA actually care about a NA league. Go figure. Just look at that Swedish guy abopve me posting numerous posts about the NHL.

Start a Swedish Elite league if it is so 'exciting' and seen how many people pay attention to it. L0L

82 game seasons are awesome. Plain and simple.

By your silly reckoning, the NHl should just add 2 more teams and ao 32 team playoffs every season. R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I really don't see the "epicness" of facing the same team eight times per season. There are 30 teams. If everyone met everyone twice a year (home/away), it would add up to 58 games. I think that would be more interesting than this obvious "let's squeeze in fake rivalries and MOAR GAMEZ for more revenues and monies" system they have now.

Seriously, how excited are you when your team meets CBJ for the fifth time in the season?

My team never play CBJ 5 times in a season so why do you make stuff up? I take it back when I said you pay attention tot he NHL 'cause it is obvious you do not if you thoguht the Rangers EVER played the Jackets 5+ times in a season. And, I never get bored when Rangers play their rivals that they do play 5+ times. Nice try, though. Rangers and Devils is not a 'fake' rivalry'. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.