The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

He's been dominant during this winning streak. It's awesome to see the kid line finally getting some breaks.

As for Oilers being in the top eight, its a nice change from the last six years of suckage. Personally, I'd be suprised if they stay in and earn a berth, but manoman would it be nice.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's a heck of a lot better than the basement dwellers that they've been for the past few years. Strange that it's Calgary that has decided to fill that role. I always assumed it would be the Leafs, with the Bruins constantly owning their top picks.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Last nights game was a Flames telecast, as opposed to the Oilers.  I have forgotten how horrible an announcer Roger Millions is.

Also, I realize Jay Feaster put together a stanley cup winning team in Tampa Bay, but listening to his interview during the intermission last night I now think he has a serious case of poo brain.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Stupid Rangers. Blame Gaborike for 'sucking'.. then he proceeds to have 2 points including game winner for Minnesota. Tellin' people. The players aren't the issue. the coach is in NY.

Yeha, the Rangers' new guys did well in their first game as well but they haven't been tainted by Torrurechips' ****tyness as of yet. they will.   At least Blueshirts have the best goalie so we always have a shot even with that garbage coach.

FIRE TORTURECHIPS FIRE TORTURECHIPS FIRE TORTURECHIPS!!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They are in contention for a playoff spot. That's a marked improvement over last year. I'm cool with that.

I agree.  I admit I was disappointed earlier in the season because I was expecting some level of improvement and they seemed to be really struggling.  They are still a growing team, however, so the fact that they are playing "meaningful games" will hopefully help fuel the hunger.

Stupid Rangers. Blame Gaborike for 'sucking'.. then he proceeds to have 2 points including game winner for Minnesota. Tellin' people. The players aren't the issue. the coach is in NY.

Yeha, the Rangers' new guys did well in their first game as well but they haven't been tainted by Torrurechips' ****tyness as of yet. they will.   At least Blueshirts have the best goalie so we always have a shot even with that garbage coach.

FIRE TORTURECHIPS FIRE TORTURECHIPS FIRE TORTURECHIPS!!!!

i remember listening to him on TSN before he landed that job. He always reminded me of Spinner from Death to Smoochy

EDIT: Don't ask me why. :devil:

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

My god, Ovechkin is so horrible. I mean, that paqthetic fool is a crap 2nd overall in goals scored and 7th in points. What a garbage player. LMAO Where all the anti Ovechkin  and haters hiding? Why do people keep pretending to be experts when they keep being proven wrong? HAHAHA!'

OVECHKIN > ALL DOUBTERS

P.S. It's a mixed blessing and curse that it looks like the King will save Torturechips' job. :(

Edited by Volourn

My god, Ovechkin is so horrible. I mean, that paqthetic fool is a crap 2nd overall in goals scored and 7th in points. What a garbage player. LMAO Where all the anti Ovechkin  and haters hiding? Why do people keep pretending to be experts when they keep being proven wrong? HAHAHA!'

OVECHKIN > ALL DOUBTERS

I wonder if Ovechkin will beat Mike Milbury over the head with the Rocket Richard this year if he wins it 

Milbury and his fellow toolbags will just whine how Ovechkin is selfish, can't into assists, and doesn't play defense while praising Stamkos to high heaven despite he shares ther same flaws as Ovechkin even thoguh Ovechkin is a much more comple, more dynamic, and literal game changer unlike Stamkos.

That said, as Kor mentions, I wouldn't count Stamkos out of winning RR either.

Like I've been saying all along. Let the o players play o and let the d players play d. Can you imagine if the Rangers had thrown Beukeboom in the terash because he had no offense in him at all? It be ridiculous. he was paid to pay defense. Let him play it. Ovechkin and Stamkos are paid to score a bunch of goals. Let them do it. Crosby is paid to get injured. Let him do it. L0L

I'd still say Sid is the best player in the league, but Martin St.Louis is just about the best set up man since Adam Oates.

Too bad Calgary couldn't see that when they let him go. Iginla may have won the RR a couple more timws

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I read he won't be back until the last week of the season, at best.

At least your team was in the top eight for more than a weekend. Edmonton has been shown up by LA last game and Anaheim is running circles around them right now. It's not going to be much fun having them in the same conference next year

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

While the Oilers five game winning streak raised everyone's expectations, I think the reality is the team has too many holes and not enough players willing to play with the effort required to win games at the NHL level.

As happy as I was that Ryan Smyth came back to the team, he's appearing to be in a little over his head this year. On the positive side, he is managing to stay on his feet a lot more and not falling over every time someone comes near him.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Actually two player teams seem to be the norm in the NHL, very few have three real superstars.  "

Total ignorance. It's not about how many superstars you have but team. Detroit, for example, isn't a team built on just a couple of players. neither are the Canucks. Boston is the best example of this with teams like Montreal right behind them.

Detroit has struggled without Lidstrom, a star defensman.  They still have Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and those guys are definitely superstars.

There is no reason to throw out insults Volourn, these are just my observations.