The Unfortune Book Burning...

Raithe

Vancouver Sun - Thirty Ton Book Collection to be Burnt

When Shauna Raycraft set out seven years ago to rescue over 300,000 books from being burned by her neighbour, she had no idea things eventually would come full circle.

Raycraft offered to take on the books after her neighbour's collector husband died. She intended to sort through the stack and donating many of them

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm sentimental about books, regardless of whether they're easily available or not.

Plus it's a bit of a waste of resources in general if all you can do is burn them...

Edit: Yeah, the link was playing up earlier, but I think it was something to do with the vancouver sun website, it was glitching even from googling the story. But I think it's all up and running again now..

Also -

To get in touch with Raycraft and volunteer, search out the Raycraft Book Collection on Facebook.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually I've been throwing out or donating books as I replace them in digital format. But I have a real storage problem. My house is sort of small, only 1000 sqare feet (roughly 90 some odd meters) and I have a full bookshelf in every room. Several in some rooms.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell