Best Android 4.0 phone to buy?

Humodour

I can never leave it alone and I use it for music, documents, web, messenger, and it mostly lasts a day, if just. Things are different with videos or games, but I'm not doing much of that at the moment. I may well get a second battery.

I want to genuinely open your eyes to a life where you phone lasts at least 2 days under full load, so please check these out:

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ceca/

While I guess these both fall under the category of 'extra battery', they do so in different ways. 1) the Mugen power battery should simply be your primary battery since it has double the battery life of your default battery. 2) the wristband is designed for portability and the ability to charge anything. Caring around another plain phone battery in your pocket is a silly idea, especially if it leaks or explodes. that said, if you do get an extra battery from Mugen power, that DOES leave you your current battery as a spare if super necessary one day.

I'm interested in 1/, but I own Sprint's 'special' version of Galaxy II which does not seem to be supported. :( And there is no way I'm going for 2/, which looks like both a fashion terror and uncomfortable. I'd be carrying the spare battery, if I get one, in my bag or something, though I should look up what's the best method.

It has very similar dimensions to the Galaxy III, and feels just fine for me. I can use it with one hand (though typing with the thumb can be onerous, I have small hands) and I definitely prefer the bigger screen.

I don't know if looking like a complete retard is worth the extra battery life. Of course you could have it in your bag, but what's the point the arm strap then, and why go through all that when you can just as easily pack an extra battery, or this. It's basically just a big battery that works like a charging station for anything that can be charged by USB

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb7b/

The biggest mugen promises x2 and then some battery life, and judging from reviews that's almost what you get IRL, so I might be buying that. Although I'd have to import, and that means it would have to be from a vendor I know can get the logistics done. I was impressed with Amazon, not sure how well something like Newegg carries in scandinavia. local stores don't seem to have any.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

While were at it. Does anyone have experience with bluetooth headphones. Earplugs are nice but even the best of them can't deliver that deep bass that adds so much more to the listening experience. Using a big Hi Fi set with an adaptor and 2 meters of cable is just not very practical. The ones I have seen are all small devices, meant to be handy, not provide the best sound - for that you still need size, there is just no way around it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

While were at it. Does anyone have experience with bluetooth headphones. Earplugs are nice but even the best of them can't deliver that deep bass that adds so much more to the listening experience. Using a big Hi Fi set with an adaptor and 2 meters of cable is just not very practical. The ones I have seen are all small devices, meant to be handy, not provide the best sound - for that you still need size, there is just no way around it.

in-ear monitors are really your only alternative for portable audio - if you haven't found any, you just haven't looked far enough. Or you haven't gotten a good fit, and need custom molds. Or koss porta pros. If there's anything close to good compact wired solutions, I'd be colossally surprised.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've got a pair that fit just fine, 'In ear' is so you can distinguish them from the pieces of **** you get free every time you get a portable device. They don't actually function any different, just have a better mold that makes it wearable for extended periods. The hardware is still tiny though, so forget about decent bass.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I've got a pair that fit just fine, 'In ear' is so you can distinguish them from the pieces of **** you get free every time you get a portable device. They don't actually function any different, just have a better mold that makes it wearable for extended periods. The hardware is still tiny though, so forget about decent bass.

... you know professional musicians use IEMs for monitoring, right? The size of the "hardware" has nothing to do with it, they use your (sealed) ear canal to create the bass. Sure, it's not a 10kw club pa, but they are at least on par with my sennheiser hd580s.

Thel sound dampeners thingies that let you hear your instrument clearly used by professional musicians will run you close to 25.000 Euro and they bear no resemblance to what is avaiable on consumer level. In ear sound is good - untill you compare with large stereo headphones.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Of course in ear sound will never compare with proper studio headphones or actually good speakers. Etymotic and Sennheiser, esp. depending on how molds fit your ear, can be quite good earphone options.

I don't personally know any bluetooth options, sorry, but I just don't see much alternative, since even in bluetooth the headphone itself is often going to be annoying to carry around.

Of course in ear sound will never compare with proper studio headphones or actually good speakers. Etymotic and Sennheiser, esp. depending on how molds fit your ear, can be quite good earphone options.

I don't personally know any bluetooth options, sorry, but I just don't see much alternative, since even in bluetooth the headphone itself is often going to be annoying to carry around.

What would I do if I didn't have Tigranes around to translate my meaning into human-understandable form. ;)

Though I have to say that even having listened to quite a few studio headphones, none of them are even close to a pair of Genelece 8050As. Have never heard the Sennheiser Orpheus, though. Kind of hard to lug around, at any rate.