Best time to play Treasures of the Sun?

I'm at the point now where I've taken over the Chapterhouse in Stonebridge, and the DLC is available to me. Can I hold off playing it until after I finish the main quest, or does there come a point where I won't be able to access the DLC if I pass a certain point in the main story?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There is a point where you won't be able to access it anymore, though I can't remember exactly where it is now (I believe you get a message warning you about it though). I guess it's before you head to the Spire or something. But it's definitely designed to be played as part of the main campaign.

But yeah, there are two main "threads" from Stonebridge with the Stonebridge-centric quests or the Glitterdelve related stuff. I'd suggest doing the DLC in between those two, I think it feels pretty good there.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Can I hold off playing it until after I finish the main quest, or does there come a point where I won't be able to access the DLC if I pass a certain point in the main story?

After you leave Stonebridge, you won't be able to access the DLC until you finish the penultimate dungeon. You will have one last chance after that, and if you don't take it, you won't be able to access it at all. The game makes a save called 'End Game Save' for each character at the point of no return, so if you miss it, you should be able to come back to that save.

Any recommendation on how high my character's level should be before attempting it? Or does the DLC just scale to whatever level I'm at when I play it?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't know if it scales, but I know I had a hard time beating some of the enemies with a level 30 character. Granted, it was Lucas and I have a harder time with him, but still, it was harsh. Especially one boss that seemed to regenerate health faster than I could inflict damage.

Finally started the DLC at Level 20. It's kind of weird that I had no trouble with that giant worm, but got killed twice (Lucas had to revive me) against that bone shaman or whatever he was just before the giant worm section.