Dark Alliance Remake

I know what you guys are thinking: Whats this **** doing posting about BGDA again?

I know I want a remake. I'm not giving up on the petition. But I have decided that I will make my own remake of the game. Its not a very long game and not that hard to remake. It will be called simply Dark Alliance with no Baldur's Gate in the title (though the story will be the same) and be much simpler than the actual game, such as the fact there will be only one character, no character voices (there will be background sound though), more limited text options, less weapons and armour but I hope to include all of the NPC's, all locations will be present as well as all sidequests.

I know what your thinking: THIS IS TOO BIG OF A PROJECT FOR HIM AND BECAUSE I do not want to caps everything else its simple, some of you are going to wish me good luck, some of you are going to say: "Hope to see it someday" and some of you are going to be doubtful I'll be able to do it.

Well, I've already started work on the game:

GUI/HUD/Logos - 2 % done http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/93678-Bal...e-Dark-Alliance you can have a small look at 1 of the 2 % we have done.

Models 7 % done : no pictures... yet.

Coding 12 % done : I have the codes for camera's, player control and etc. all done by myself so far.

This is being done in the Unity Engine. I mean no copyright infringement as this is just a fan expressing himself.

Edited by Gorth
Wash your mouth with soap

Don't believe I can do it. I just finished the main menu.

and... bump.

That's cool...just be sure to post a link when you're finished with the full thing...

Might be nice if you made it playable on my PS3 though...or at least a PS2 like I could play the other two.

Good luck! Huge undertaking, but the world really needs another BGDA so I am keeping my thumbs!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, right now I'm only doing the city of Baldur's Gate, the tavern, cellar and the sewers 1.

My production company, 2BINProductions, we are working on a couple projects right now.

Post-Apocalyptic Art-Set - Inspired by Fallout 1/2/3/NV NOT Tactics [This includes models and such]

BGDA Remake - As I've said above, its much simpler but if people really like it then I will add more to it than just the first four areas.

Victorious - A RPG that uses the same code and graphics as the BGDA Remake. Its gameplay will be fully inspired by BGDA

Da Hub - A game where you basically enter the world of hub.

I don't mean to advertise, but if you want to see my projects, here's my blog: cutlock.blogspot.com

As soon as I can, I will post links to screenshots and such.

Good luck! Huge undertaking, but the world really needs another BGDA so I am keeping my thumbs!

Dungeon Siege 3....

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Dungeon Siege 3....

Far too short, in a world that nobody knows about, with a story that confuses me BUT WITH AWESOME Gameplay! Too bad the first two PC DS ruined the third for me.

Anyway, by the next BGDA, he meant a remake or a sequel.

I don't want to make a real Baldur's Gate sequel. That would be far too hard, especially since I don't do phased real-time. I make FPS Games and this is not in my area expertise and since this is full real-time combat and not phased, its easier. I would have to come up with a huge story that I would want to make akin to the Black Hound and Throne of Bhaal. This remake is only the city of Baldur's Gate that is available in Dark Alliance and Dark Alliance II, the elfsong tavern, elfsong tavern cellars and the sewers level 1. This means its not big, if people like it, I will add on to it.

Well, right now I'm only doing the city of Baldur's Gate, the tavern, cellar and the sewers 1.

My production company, 2BINProductions, we are working on a couple projects right now.

Post-Apocalyptic Art-Set - Inspired by Fallout 1/2/3/NV NOT Tactics [This includes models and such]

BGDA Remake - As I've said above, its much simpler but if people really like it then I will add more to it than just the first four areas.

Victorious - A RPG that uses the same code and graphics as the BGDA Remake. Its gameplay will be fully inspired by BGDA

Da Hub - A game where you basically enter the world of hub.

I don't mean to advertise, but if you want to see my projects, here's my blog: cutlock.blogspot.com

As soon as I can, I will post links to screenshots and such.

Stop, step back - Try finishing one project first.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!