pc shutsdown after 10-15mins of playing ds3

vintagers

Question

have tryed all the obvious things like drivers, turning off firewalls, anti virus.

Only happens while playing ds3 and no other apps / games.

Have new psu and graphics card so not them.

Have updated all my software and turned down alot of in game settings. have a gtx480

Edited by vintagers

10 answers to this question

have tryed all the obvious things like drivers, turning off firewalls, anti virus.

Only happens while playing ds3 and no other apps / games.

Have new psu and graphics card so not them.

Have updated all my software and turned down alot of in game settings. have a gtx480

Weird. It has the hallmark of an overheat, but it's strange that it's localised to DS3...

Well then, that leaves it to only 1 suggestion I can think of - clean your PC.

Open the case and blow the dust out... our you could take it to a service and let someone do it for you :)

Also, check if all the fans are working properly and if not, get new ones. Something is preventing them to work properly and that's either dust or they are just worn out.

Good luck, mate!

cpu was over heating, was hitting 94 degrees. have a amd 64 athlon duel core 4800+

Only Dungeon Siege? It could still be a software fault. Turn on Vertical Sync to limit your framerate (Edit: Funny story, in that Star Trek MMO people have burned out their graphics cards at the intro scene because it was running at 200+ FPS)

Or double check your connections to the new hardware; something might be off with the fans.

Edited by Chasted