Who is the target audience for this game?

Can someone from Obsidian please tell me who you are trying to market this game for?

Obsidian aren't the ones in charged of marketing, it's Square Enix.

I can't figure it out. It seems like it's being designed for the "softcore" rpg player?

If it seems like it's being designed for the softcore RPG player, then why do you say that you can't figure it out?

I'll tell you who it's not being designed for. It's not being designed for the people who enjoy having a character leveled up to level 157, who have collected the most shiny loot the game has to offer and enjoys showing that off to his friends (nothing wrong with this, just saying). And it's at least partially being designed for friends, families, even couples who enjoy just picking up the controllers together and playing through a campaign together. Maybe like the old brawler games, something like Streets of Rage, except in a RPG wrapping. As far as the co-op goes anyways.

For the single-player, I'd imagine something like Torchlight except that the dungeon crawling/hack'n'slashing is somewhat dialed back and replaced with story/choices/lore instead.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Also, I think it's marketed more toward the people who like games like NWN2, Dragon Age & Co, for its emphasis on fighting and the roleplay being mainly present through 'story decisions', not 'gameplay decisions'. Its twitch-based gameplay is aimed more at console gamers than PC gamers I think.

While I can't say who it's being marketed to (other than Playboy readers, of course), I'd say the game was designed for people who want an RPG with a bit more in depth action combat system, and a plot that is a bit more fleshed out than your average ARPG story.

It should be your typical Bioware/Obsidian RPG, as far as plot and quest structure are concerned, but with combat design in the vein of, say, Dark Alliance and similar melee combat games. Kind of like Jade Empire with co-op, but with combat that isn't embarrassing.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Can someone from Obsidian please tell me who you are trying to market this game for? I can't figure it out. It seems like it's being designed for the "softcore" rpg player?

If I had to hazard a guess, it'd be "people with money".

It is quite unpredictable, I think. Console market is populated and people's eyes tend to go to works with better graphics but it may sell OK as long as it doesn't get "death sentence" from Gamespot like Fargo's Hunted. Also, I wonder if there are JRPG, which are mostly for consoles, like this one, either. That said, no matter how sales would end up, I don't think Obsidian didn't their job well considering the surroundings. Many projects smell worse even before their releases.